Monday, December 04, 2006

Warhorse - As Heaven Turns to Ash



Warhorse are Doom done right. They are thick, disgustingly heavy and drenched in all sort of druggery and sonic haze. Disasterously slow plodding rhythms, harsh (yet somehow tuneful) vocals, and all sorts of squiggly, creepy crawly guitar trickery. Not to mention the almighty Riff (Riff also deserves capitalization, not to be confused with the other capitalization which is destroying the world right now) Like all good Doom, Warhorse churns out some serious head nodders. Imagine if your speakers came to life and grew to immense size and started stomping all over your town, crushing cars and making people run for dear life, and then a race of aliens landed in their guitar shaped aircraft and started helping the giant speaker monster destroy poor little earth. Yeah, you'd have to be pretty high to imagine that. Thats what Warhorse makes you feel like. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fuckin' high. Haha!

One of the best Doom records I own...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blend77 !

Incredible coincidence ! I posted the same warhorse'album today ! Great sound ! I love it ! Next time I will look at your blog before put new post !!!!

Have a nice day !
Blend77

7:30 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

i just noticed that myself, haha!!...good stuff...we must be on the same wavelength...

cheers!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...hmmm, wavelengthzzzz ...i played their cd yesterday evening and i think my neighbours hate me now. Their "I Am Dying [EP]

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is also very good

12:18 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

i havent heard that one...hmm, any chance of a link? ^_^

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes we must be on the same wavelength !

Hi Mr A, I'm happy to see you again !

I didn't heard the Warhorse EP, I just found a dead link... No chance...

I Speed Up the tempo (it's good sometimes...) today by adding some NoMeansNo european tour infos. They play in France actually ! I will see them in few days !

Have nice days Guys !

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will make a post on my blog, this weekend.

When NoMeansNo play in Holland and they are in a nice venue i will check them out to.

11:55 AM  
Blogger jAy @ jApAn said...

This is also one of my favorite records!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home