Sunday, October 08, 2006

Indian Summer Discography

Seeing as how this is the beginning of a new blog, I will take the opportunity to give you a small idea of what I am up to. This blog is a place for me to give homage to all the things that are amazing and creative in this world, artists that break the boundaries of what is considered music and art. I have a very healthy obsession with music so I plan to offer exposure to bands and musicians I find to have contributed something important to the evolution of music. I also work as an artist in NYC so I would like to introduce artists that I find relevant, or maybe even some classics that have be influential through the years. I may also share other oddities and curiosites that I come across in everyday life. But for now, let's continue with the music.


Indian Summer is an emo band. Oops, I said it, "Emo". The word that has everyone spouting opinions and criticisms. I'm not going to take the time to explain to you what emo is, you either know, or think you know, or you don't care. Its somewhat relative anyway. If you really want to find out, check here. Either way Indian Summer are without a doubt one of the best and shining examples of that form of music; from the quiet-loud dynamics and whispered-screamed lyrics, all the way down to the lo-fi quality and even Bessie Smith records playing in the background. 9 songs of chaotic screamy emo hardcore, the sum total of their recorded career. All of their stuff is out of print, including this discography, so take the opportunity to grab this one for your collection.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing band. I'm looking forward to what you are going to be posting in this blog, it's been pretty good already.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for it forever. You're the only other person I've met in years who's even heard of Indian Summer. Judging from what you've posted so far it looks like we came of age around the same time musically.

6:31 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

no problem. ^_^ it took me forever to find it in MP3 format.. i have the 7"s but no record player. v_v....


apparently many younger kids searching for the original emo have found all sorts of great stuff and are keeping it alive. and they all talk about it and post all the time. keep in touch, i got some good stuff comin.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Jeff Coons said...

This is amazing! Thank you so much!

1:18 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

nice! ^_^ big smiles...

4:01 PM  
Blogger scyurick said...

I think "Angry Son" on a weird vinyl rip was the key moment in my music listening career. In a certain sense, everything I've done concerning the underground since that point has been to recapture the first time I heard that song.

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home