Friday, February 23, 2007

La Quiete - La Fine Non é La Fine (2004)



This album leaves me speechless so often its no suprise I dont mind it being in Italian. If I even had the coherency to utter a word, I could only summon "Whoa!" which I believe can be understood in any number of languages. So jarring yet so beautiful is this album. One moment you are being whiplashed with ridiculous time measures being thrown at you like sacks of bricks, and when finally given into the onslaught you are suprised to be soothed with cathartic, mind massaging melody and emotional release. La Quiete is a band that can tug the heartstrings, yet make that same organ dance with fire and life. The songs generally start off in a blinding fury of light, with almost blast beat like drumming, though slightly jazzier. The screams are frantic and raging, like a lake trying to break through a damn and reclaim its natural territory. Occasionally the band falls into an acoustic mood, lulling you with is its sincerity and promise of warmth, only to have the carpet pulled from underneath you once again. Each an everysong is brimming with both extremes, fludily pieced together to create one of the best hardcore releases in recent times. La Quiete delivers 9 songs in 20+ minutes, in true hardcore punk fashion. It is really hard to separate any song from another, as each time I listen to I find it impossible to not listen to the whole album, but some highlights for new listeners are: Metempsicosi Del Fine Ultimo, Ciò Che Non Siamo, Ciò Che Non Vogliamo, Super Omega and Uncaged. Of course that is almst half the album and every other song is just as amazing and concise as the four I mentioned. You will just have to dip into this album yourself and see what I mean.

The band seems like a group of cool guys and if your so inclined, you can write them and order records directly from them. They have a number of split 7"s with other euro bands. It seems the European scene is much closer knit then Americas.
So check out their website, pray they come and play live (they are supposed to be great) and add their myspace page so you can get instant Myspace cred.

La Quiete Official Site
La Quiete's Myspace

And if you want all that clever information that I failed to add, such as former bands, record labels, etc. be sure to visit the La Quiete Wikipedia page.

PS. I have all of their split 7"s and if anyone is interested in a particular one ask and I will hook it up...

Because I love you guys, and you made me feel so good when I asked for comments, and also because Louise Cyphre needs to have some light shed on them...


La Quiete / Louise Cyphre split (2005)

This is a more recent La Quiete recording backed with a German hardcore band known as Lousie Cyphre. If you are a fan of the blistering La Quiete you will also enjoy Louise Cyphre. They have a similar sensibility in terms of speed and melody combined with the anguished screaming that La Quiete does so well. This split is immense and shows even more promise for two already amazing bands...

Louise Cyphre site
Louise Cyphre myspace

13 Comments:

Blogger akross said...

People have told me many good things about La Quiete, but I have not yet checked them out. That is about to change. Thanks!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

fn great!
finest italian emo!

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

La Quiete is the reason I'm in my second year of Italian. It was also the reason for my first.

The European screamo arena is fantastic, and what's more admirable is that it's completely united and all of them are friends.

That said, enjoy your La Quiete folks.

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only heard a few tracks from La Quiete before and they've blown me away. Got to have a listen to this. I agree with what neil says about European screamo, I think they do it better somehow; Hot Cross, which seems to be the American scream group, doesn't match up to bands like La Quiete, Yage or Amanda Woodward.

12:13 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

much agreed. La Quiete and Louise Cyphre completely kill all current American hardcore.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this! the link for the split just takes me back to the front page though?

4:01 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

Fixed that link for the split....

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! thanks for this!

4:58 PM  
Blogger scyurick said...

Actually, this 7" is the lastest one. It was supposed to drop in July but wasn't available until like December due to something weird with the 3 videos (one for each song) that it was supposed to include. This is just the songs, you'll have to buy the fucker for the vidoes. (I think Level Plane has it.)

Anyhow, I agree with everything in the post. They are far and away the best thing in hardcore right now and one of my five favorite bands going right now period. I was lucky enough to catch them in North Carolina this past summer (so worth the 4-hour drive from West Virginia) and the only other band I've seen on the same par is Envy. Enjoy the 7" Hopefully it gives you chills and makes your heart cave in and sing at the same time like it does for me. Wow, I sound uncool. Whatevs, La Quiete is that good.

Here's the link.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3f0ck7

Also, I have Tenpeun (which is all the 7" records preceeding the Louse Cyphre Split) and can send that if anyone wants it.

2:01 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

thanks for the 7"....i would be delighted if you posted tenpeun. I have a bunch of those 7"s but it would be great to have the rest...

i'll post it up and give credit to you for both...

thanks.

2:49 PM  
Blogger scyurick said...

Tenpeun
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2p3vo0

10:05 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

rock! thanks man...

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the link for the new 7inch isnt working, anyway i could get that?

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home