Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Minutemen - Buzz or Howl Under the Influence of Heat (1983)



Oh My oh my...The Minutemen...The Fucking Minutemen...

I think I may just be out of words...Ive been in a lot of meetings lately..the kind where you just sit ther for four hours and take notes and listen to people quibbling over pennies, and watch the clock waiting for lunchtime...

Thank god for the Minutemen. Their minute long songs are perfect for remembering. That way while you sit in said meeting you can hum their tunes in their entirety. D-Boons trebly guitar cutting swaths through the mundane details of corporate life. Mike Watts thunder broom massaging your cortex into a convincing stare of deep intent. George Hurleys drum fills shooting off sparks in your mind, making you seems all the more interested and interesting...

If I am ever in a conversation with you and you are boring me, and you cant tell, its because I have Minutemen songs playing in my head. They cover for me when I just cant be there to deal with the flotsam and jetsam of life. I walk in tune to I Felt Like A Gringo. I chew in tune to Dream Told by Moto. When I sleep, I sleep to the tune of Little Man With a Gun in Your Hand....

If you think I got problems, just think of all the people who dont listen to the Minutemen.

Someone please send me What Makes a Man Start Fires.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love Minutemen :) And Firehose :)

And no problem with this one you are asking for. I can do it, with pleasure :)

2:20 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

wonderful! if you have fROMOHIO i would love that. i lost that on tape a ways back...

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops! To be true it's the only one I don't have :(

I still have an old and worn out tape with Embrace on the other side, but I haven't managed to buy this one so far.

But I have a great idea! Let's ask proven hollow :) I suspect that he can have everything :D

11:12 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

haha! true true... you should make a post of firehose someday. i have never heard anything but fROMOHIO

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing more? Really?!! Well, just give me a chance ;) "From Ohio" was in fact the first album of this great band that I heard years ago, but I think the first too are really amazing.

So thanks for the tip for the next posts ;)

4:56 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

well i ve heard flying the flannel, but i never owned it...fromohio was the only one i owned...i loved that album...such a warm sound...

i have to go hunt that one down...

im very psyched for your post. ^_^

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your request, my pleasure :) Here you are: the first chapter of Firehose history. Enjoy!

And be prepared for the next ;)

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man, here is fROMOHIO on mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7mzlsx2qmyt

enjoy

10:10 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

wow!!!

the love is just flowing right now...

thanks you two!

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not a problem...you've definitely hooked me up with quite a bit!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3dxgpj

circus lupus

solid brass and super genius

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for this one, papstar! What a pleasure to listen to this great album in just a good quality after all this years! Now, I can throw my old tape away in the end ;)

4:45 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

thanks michael.

circus lupus is the theme right now...

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the meantime I've managed to post the next Firehose album... Anyone interested? Welcome :)

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home