Tuesday, July 31, 2007

GNU BLOG! + LARRY GNU WITH THE GNUS


drawing taking from the Gaping Void

Kyle and Walt, two of my cohorts from Purevolume, have started their own blog, dedicated to hardcore of the screamy, jazzy, chaotic variety.

Believes in Patterns

They have begun with a massive post for the Ampere & Daitro tour, so if you need anything by either of these two incredible bands, please head over and say hello. The idea is similar to Zen, so any regular readers should enjoy their rants and raves.

As for the Ampere / Daitro tour...

First off, the show was free. That is always nice. I played some Skee Ball by myself ( I went to the show by myself, cuz I have no friends that like this kind of music ) learned how to get 100's at a fairly consistent rate, drank a few Stellas and ran iinto a friend I havent seen in almost 10 years! He was at the show by himself as well, so we caught up on old times. We went to school together in Vermont, and he incidentally grew up a town next to me in southern NY. (We grew up about 45 minutes from Manhatten) Needless to say, it was great running into him, and I now actually have a friend to go see shows with. Not to mention the fact that we both still love hardcore and punk as much as we did a decade ago.

Daitro ruled, they only played four songs, but they all sounded amazing. Included was the title track from their second album, and their song from the Ampere split, La Substance et la Materie. Amazing. I didnt know the other two songs as well, but they killed too..

Ampere was quite a site. They play so goddamn fast, it is almost unbelievable. Live, it almost becomes a slurry of sonic defecation, but you can pick out the tunes easy enough. They are just so shredding though. I am suprised more people werent going completely apeshit. Living up to their legacy, they played for about 15 minutes... any more and there would have been multiple coronaries. They closed with DRI's Money Stinks from the Ampere/Das Oath split and then everyone really did go apeshit, including me. It was good times.

I bought some merch:

Ampere/ Ringers split 6"
Daitro US Tour 7"
Ampere shirt, black.


yes, i'm a fucking tool

I wanted the Funeral Diner/Ampere split, but had one coming in the mail, which i received on saturday, so it worked out well...

I also just recently received the Cease Upon The Capitol EP and the LP and am still waiting for the Kidcrash LP, Jokes...

Then its time for a break. I am going to Seattle in three weeks, so I need to save some dough for whatever stuff I get into out there... oh and bills too... but I am not sure if I am gonna pay those yet. ^_~

I will post up the CUTC EP and the Kidcrash LP...

I am also gonna rip the Ampere and Daitro stuff I got at the show, but I will drop those on Believes in Patterns , so keep checking back there...

Hope everyone is well!

Peace!
Blend77

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you posted the ampere / ringers split, i'd be eternaly in your debt...

2:23 PM  
Blogger sweet baby jaysus said...

you're coming to seattle eh?
get in touch, i'll buy you a drink.

3:51 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

cool. i'll be there from august 18th to august 25th... i'll be in the cascades for half the time i am there, i will drinking for the rest of the time i am there..

lets definitely have a drink

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you "blended" well with that t-shirt...

1:07 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

hah!

yo. im glad your here... is there any chance you adjust the levels of the crownhate ruin 7" and re-rip?

i would love you long time...

also. here.. i ripped these last night... i need to figure out a better way to rip... i think my receiver has some busted jacks...

Daitro - US Tour 7"
http://www.mediafire.com/?dcyfotf1g2s

Ampere / Ringers Split 6"
http://www.mediafire.com/?4tdtp2jjyfw

2:05 PM  
Blogger papstar said...

http://www.mediafire.com/?cmx4vwyen9y

Figurines - When the Deer Wore Blue (V0

new album..haven't really listened yet, but I enjoyed the last one.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes... indeed. I will redo those when I get some free time. I'll have my parents visiting for a month so I will be sort of busy with all the tourist activities since they are coming from Brazil. It should be fun...

3:31 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

cool man, take your time. i can wait.
have fun with the 'rents

thanks for fgurinies paps! you know i like em. they were really good live too..

5:35 PM  
Blogger papstar said...

ya...I figured you would want it..I know it made your top 25 of 06!
Forgot to bring it home with me, I will have to hear it tomorrow....lemme know if its just as good as the lest

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! i love you!

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I already managed to find the Ampere / Funeral Diner split through Google . Gotta warn you beforehand though, it's completely clear that Funeral Diner won this split. I saw them play their song a year and a half ago live, and I've been waiting since then for it. It's a beaut and worth every moment I waited.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ocho1fwxdb

3:48 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

i just got that split, and the artwork is incredible... Funeral Diner definitely wins the split. but i have to say, while the song is immense, they released it on a 3" tour cd last year, so its not even a new song... bummer. and supposedly they are breaking up now...

8:30 AM  
Blogger papstar said...

yea I was thinking the same thing blend..

and Ampere wins just for covering a DRI song.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Walt said...

Yea now there is 100% more rock and less cock on the internet. Thanks for the plug Tim

9:44 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

of course.

^_^

5:38 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Great blog. Love the Ethyl Meserve stuff and Hankshaw that you posted. Well done.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey

It's Pancho from ATPR,
Just saying hi

Nice to see new posts and good stuff. Thanks!

Check "bosques de la mente", it's a kind of post rock o ambient band. Peaceful tunes.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/6788638/b677eb6c/Post-rock_experimental_ambient_indie.html

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home