Friday, July 13, 2007

Suis La Lune - Quiet, Pull The Strings (2006)



What a wonderful album of delictae yet harsh Sweish screamo. I have been sitting on this album for a while, as it originally appealed to me, and then I found it boring, and then was drawn to it yet again, only to not be in the right mood for it. Well, coming full circle, I have been jamming this album as of late, and it is hella appealing. It has all the right parts. Screamy and spoken vocals dominate the vocal range, not unlike Native Nod or Sinaloa, and the guitars ache and shudder whilst retaining the ability to overwhelm and suffocate with cathartic beauty.

Fans of Sinaloa, La Quiete, Raein and Daitro will have no problem liking this record. If your looking for something to eviscerate, then go down to the Neil Perry, Shikari and orchid posts below.

I believe Suis La Lune mean Follow the Moon. Check me on that though. I barely speak english properly.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mhm posted their Demo and their 7" some days ago. We should exchange links. Put you in my list.

Nice work, keep it up!

http://www.roawr.blogspot.com

5:05 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

thanks man. I'll link it up soon...

5:38 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

One of my favorite screamo bands. Album is ridiculous.

3:54 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

it is very good. reminds at times of current, but others raein or la quiete... great stuff.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Josh Brown said...

Hi, I have been following the blog for ages...totally opened my ears to so much new music (boris, explosions in the sky, converge etc) so thanks for that, you were the first blog I started visiting! I have just started my own little one, and I've linked you on my side bar. Please check it out, http://loveyourears.blogspot.com/

Josh

1:42 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

hey josh... thanks. i'll check it and link it up!

peace.

6:51 PM  
Blogger marco polo said...

haven't heard of these guys, thanks much.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a really amazing album. I'm really glad I stumbled on this whole blog.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It literally translates to "Am the Moon".

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home