Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Super Busy



Many apologies... I try and I try to keep a regular posting schedule over here, but sometimes I just cant manage it. Work is busy, real life is busy and whatever time I finally get to relax is used for just that... Relaxing.

Being that it is just me writing and posting it is bound to happen on occasion. But lately it feels like whenever I get excited about posting I all of a sudden have a ton of things to do...

------------

Theres a bunch of cool stuff going on:

Sinaloa has been playing shows. They will be coming to Brooklyn this weekend. Head to their myspace and check out the details on that. They will be playing with Daniel Striped Tiger and it will be great.

Drowning With Our Anchors, San Franciscos best band, has just released their new LP on Adagio830 out of Germany. It is an amazing record and fans of Portraits of Past, Funeral Diner and the like will eat it up. It should make Envy envious of the fact that they suck now instead of sticking to the sound that worked for them. (ooooh, Burn, talk smack to me in the comments.) Copies can be purchased at Vinyl Junkie Distro, so hit that up if you like buying records..

Young Widows are also playing shows right now, and if you didnt catch it, I placed them as one of the best things to be released last year. I still feel that way and supposedly they put on a great show. April 1st in NYC and again, Myspace to see the rest of their dates..

Sweetbabyjaysus of Burning Down the Dreams of Forever is stopping by NYC again with Brooklyn shoegazers Asobi Seksu. I will be hanging with him, though I just realized that Asobi Seksu i also playing on April 1st so that raises a problem for me... They will be playing the Bowery Ballroom which is one of my favorite venues on the planet Earth.

What else, what else..... Joe Burke, aka Obfusc, is preparing a 7" to be released soon on Static Caravan label. If you like down-tempo electronic music with just the right shuffle and skronk than he is the man for the job. Also one of my favorite artists of last year and the new song is easily one of his best.

And thats all I can think of right now... Im sure there is more. Always records being released, always new stuff entering these ears of mine. I will attempt to set some time aside for some proper posting.

For now, no links... Google! Google the bold type if you find any interest in these goings on... and maybe I'll see someone local at one of the shows this weekend.

Later and thanks so much for sticking with me even though I am not here sometimes.. There are plenty of other great blogs on the right, all done by cool people, which you can peruse for the time being...

11 Comments:

Blogger luciferyellow said...

Awesome, I wish I had a giant lizard at work...

6:09 PM  
Blogger sweet baby jaysus said...

actually you and i should go see young widows on the 1st because the asobi show is on the second and i have that entire day off to pal around the city. and after the killer young widows set i saw before frodus at sxsw, i definitely need to see it again.

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoooo do some my mapping that will help u organize the time.. u can at least post one disc a day :)... peace Jeremy from Dominican Republic BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mind Mapping :(

11:05 AM  
Blogger mr.A said...

I'll quote MIKA! (for the first and last time)

"Relax, Take It Easy"

3:29 PM  
Blogger mightyscoop said...

love reading your blog.

like yourself, i wish i had the time to contribute to my own blog.

but 14 hour days take it out of you.

so you pt on some records when you can...and sleep.

great blog.

thanks for posting.

Rob

8:46 PM  
Blogger apoxonbothyourhouses said...

ummmmm...

Envy don't suck. but i can see where silly hardcore kids think they do.

1:10 PM  
Blogger DFelon204409 said...

big ups for your recognition of drowning with our anchors. i put up their demo on my blog (worship and tribute) after seeing them in palo alto two years ago. so good. also have you heard any of their singer/guitarist's previous band makanda? really good melodic post-hardcore kind of stuff. i can up the demos i have if you want. let me know.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just listening to my first ever drive like jehu album, yank crime and man, I have seen the light. Where the hell has this been all my life?
Thank you for this and so many excellent things on your blog.
Cheers

8:49 PM  
Blogger BlondeonBland said...

come back to us Blend!
we need cool shit!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a new reader there...

Thanx for your "Zen"...

; )

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home