Thursday, March 15, 2007

Life of Agony - River Runs Red (1993)



"YOU GOT TIME BUT YOU AINT GOT TIME FOR ME!"

This record is completely badass. Heavy mid 90's NYHC from Brooklyn, NY. These guys fell somewhere between Biohazards earlier material and Alice In Chains, namely because of voaclist Keith Caputo, but also some great slinking guitar riffs from Joey Z and Alan Robert. The albums centered around the themes of depression and despair, with angry lyrics and dim character sketches in between songs. Through and Through made it onto MTV back when Headbangers ball was the jam, and that song completely owned. The rest of the album is amazing. Keiths vocal range is great, the drums are disgustingly huge, and the massive riffs will make you want to punch a hole right through your computer. Floor punch away and scare the daylights out of your parents, but DONT kill yourself. That is obviously not the answer. Listen to this when youre in a bad mood and everyone will get the fuck out of your way.

Choice Picks: This Time, Underground, River Runs Red, Bad Seed, Method of Groove and Respect.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

One of my favorite albums. Highly underrated.

Great job!

-Below the rust

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great site!! We just started one and we added you on our links. Please check out our blogspot, and add us to your excellent site! Thank you!

http://punknotprofit.blogspot.com

12:48 AM  
Blogger Mary 'the bitch' Poppins said...

thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! I had this one on some cassette ages ago, and it's one of the badassest albums ever!
(if u don't walk with me)
I WILL WALK ALONE!
YES! :)
(some serious H-banging is underway!)
Thank you again!

8:49 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

Youre welcome!

I was listening to this today, and it made me want to chop my desk in half with my hand....for a second i believed i could actually do it!

it was right around the breakdown to River Runs Red

"Well I knew there'd come a day - When my mind would say 'hey are you afraid? - All I know is I've been down here dyin"

fuck yes.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home