Wednesday, May 23, 2007

REQUESTS!!!!

Its my turn.

I dont like to ask for things. Usually. I prefer the universes generous synchronicity over the want and need of the average human life. Wow, id i just sound like a dick. Make no mistakes, I dont judge for those who want. I want lots of things. Cold Beer, Sex, Money, Sunshine, Sex, and Cold Beer. I just fit comfortably in the ebb and flow of things...Up the creek without a paddle aint so bad. As Cool Hand Luke said, "Sometimes nothings a real cool hand."

Though that can be taken to mean a number of things, I prefer (as I often times idealsitcally do) to think of it in some zen respect of pure potential. The key is to be ready. Preparedness. If not superficially (Fiscally, physically, or you just left your unbrella at home on a rainy day) then mentally and emotionally. So when that rains comes a falling, you can see that its not all that bad. Its all personal vision. The glass half empty or the glass half full? Optimism vs. pessimism? Well, if the glass is half, or even completely empty, isnt that an amazing opportunity to go re-fill the glass? Who say we cant re-fill it? Who says when its empty, thats it? The empty glass is seething, sparkling potential.

Well, my glass is empty and I'm feeling very optimistic that someone, or a number of someones will help fill my glass.

I am looking for these...

1. Downcast 7" (Mr. PH at the wonderful blagh Proven Hollow has told me he could fulfill this request)

2. Red Eyed Legends - Chris Thomsons newer band.

3. Monorchid - Chris Thomsons older band. I used to have this and seem to have misplaced it. Shit.

4. Minutemen - What Makes a Man Start Fires

5. Abilene - A few of you got me super excited about Abilene, whom I have been aware of, yet never heard.

6. Regulator Watts - again, massive excitement has been generated, a formal request has materialized.


6 is a good number. We'll stop here. I will post the album on receipt.

ALSO! Its a little early, but in a few weeks I am going to be making a few shirts. I am making a Rites of Spring, Embrace, Beefeater & Dag Nasty shirt (it is from a show poster, which can be found in the book Banned in DC) and I am also making a Swiz t-shirt of their script logo. These shirts will not be for sale, but instead I will make a little contest or something. I dont know, I'll figure it out... I will give 5 of each away for free. One shirt for one person. Unless of course I end up with extra shirts.

ITs not gonna be super serious, but I want to give something back to you guys for making this a fun experience for me...

Here is what they will look like... Not sure what colors I will do them on, but they will each be one color. Meaning, all the Rites of Sprin shirts will be one color, and all the Swiz shirts will be another color...Any suggestions? This wont happen for a few weeks...I'll let ya know as it comes along...



---------------------------------------------------------------------------

21 Comments:

Blogger proven hollow said...

i can fulfill all your special needs. not a problem. ha. fyi-not sure if it matters, but jade tree still sells the swiz shirt you are making. i just bought one..haha. it replaced the original one my wife made me throw away becuase of the holes. but maybe i wont throw it away...punk rock pillow cover!!

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, proven hollow, you are unbeatable ;)

I have only three of these mentioned above: Minutemen, Regulator Watts and Monorchid (the last addition, thanks to my friend). But if you are going to be a good wizard and fullfil all this request at once... I personally will be thankful for Abilene, I've hunting for their records for such a long time without any success :(

And I've never heard about Red Eye Legends and I cannot wait to hear more.

Good idea with these t-shirts, blend. It remainds me that my wife has promised to make some for me :)

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If needs be, I have the second Abilene LP (Two Guns, Twin Arrows) which I downloaded from eMusic. I'd be interested in hearing the first though. As far as I know, it doesn't have Dave Erskine on trumpet (which is kinda the mainstay of the other LP) but its still excellent post-hardcore.
As for the Minutemen, I have to say I'm not a huge fan, but I'm working through their catalogue (chronologically - I'm just at Fires). One-minute songs suck to download though, as eMusic charges per song and one 25-minute album uses up half a month's allowance!
Oh yeah, and Regulator Watts would be super cool too. Its pretty much the last Alex Dunham band I have to get hold of, and its only for sale on vinyl these days.

7:07 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

proven hollow is my hero.

so, on his info, i am going to just make the embrace one...i will still makea swiz one for me, unless the jade tree one is cooler..

but i will still make the rites of springs ones...and i will raffle them off....
maybe to the first 5 users that respond...maybe i';ll make it a game..hmmm...

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the shirts look awesome man.
Thanks for all this music, I have some of the requests you need, but looks as if Proven Hollow has this covered. Please lemme know if I can hook you up with anything.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here´s a 160kbps rip (can´t remember where I got it from).
So if anyone has a better version....

Minutemen - What Makes a Man Start Fires
http://rapidshare.com/files/33143167/Minutemen_-_What_Makes_a_Man_Start_Fires.rar

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like I can fulfill the last request - here you can find Regulator Watts "The Aesthetics of No-Drag".

Great band, great record. I couldn't resist from posting it. In fact, I've planned posting it from some time now. But the rest is in proven hollow's hands, no need to double our efforts, I think.

So, grab this one and be amazed ;)

1:11 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

thanks so much guys!

i wont get around to posting this til the weekend...but you all rock!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you talking about the Downcast 7" with "Hate Comes Easy" on it? I don't have it--sorry--but I'd love to hear it again. They were a great band, but man, they needed a sense of humor. And irony. I once had a Downcast t-shirt that said "Patriarchy is Hegemonic" on the back, and man, I'm surprised I could ever wear that thing with a straight face. Being a man and all.

Thanks for the Dag Nasty post, by the way--that takes me back to 7th grade big time.

10:52 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

yes, that downcast...
they were pretty serious though..the lp has rants upon rants in them...they needed to laugh at themselves a little...

youre welcome for the rest...

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

listen at
www.myspace.com/redeyedlegends

few downloads at
www.redeyedlegends.com

and both EPs are on iTunes, but I guess you're looking not to pay.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/33466281/Red_Eyed_Legends.rar.html

thanks for your posts. they save me a lot of time ripping vinyl.

here's red eyed legends. i strongly reccomend supporting your hero chris thompson if you like what you hear.

6:02 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

if i like it alot i'd buy it.

thanks un_k!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

monorchid - when the mutes begin to root ep
http://www.sendspace.com/file/uceixl

i really like this ep.... it's 3 songs but really strong. this actually reminds me alot of skull kontrol, i remember i saw skull kontrol open up for shellac in baltimore, i was so amazed... so good live...
thanks for all the rad tunes.

11:57 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

mmmm. shellac.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

id love to hear the downcast LP again if anyone could up it!

4:53 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

hey maize...i will put it up tonite...i didnt burn the stuff to bring home this weekend....so i couldnt put it up then....

check back round 7 - 8pm EST...

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome, you rule!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this was not on your list but maybe even more special to some:
Shellac "Excellent Italian Greyhound"
http://ifolder.ru/2170972

4:24 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

thanks destroyer...

that album is kind of ruling so far...

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE UPLOAD SOME SKULL KONTROL

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home