Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Gifts From Enola tee

Here is the artwork I did for Gifts From Enola for their US Tour which is currently happening right now.




heres the green one... the green might be different though...

They apparently printed white on green tees, so that should look cool. It is not my most favorite drawing I have done, as I am more of an abstract artist then an illustrator, but I couldnt resist when they said they wanted an octopus or squid grabbing the sun. I wish I had had more time to work on it, as I feel I was nearing an acceptable piece of artwork, but I didnt give myself enough time to revise it, and they were leaving for tour. So, hopefully they have been selling them and people arent disgusted with my first attempt at a band t-shirt. Though I dont really think its much worse than the Explosions in the Sky shirt I bought for Lara, which has a similarly handdrawn look of a falcon with a script "Explosions in the Sky" on it...

So, go to see Gifts From Enola, do a search for my previous post on them. They will be playing here in Brooklyn this Thursday the 2nd of August with Caspian and Giants.... I am very excited for this show as both Caspian and Giants are also very good...

If your in town, come say hello, and buy a green octopus t-shirt if you like them. ^_~

I will take pics of this show. I forgot my camera for the Ampere show, so I need to make up for it... Though hardcore is a bit more photogenic than post-rock, but band pics are cool either way...

25 Comments:

Blogger papstar said...

Nice design..I might have to buy that shirt just so I can say I know the artist! Weren't you gonna make up some other shirts a while back?

2:28 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

thanks! haha!! yeah, i was thinking of that today actually...

the swiz one and the rites of spring one...

yeah, i still want to make them, but i am taking the summer off of creating... my job requires me to draw in a way thats not my style, so it leaves me feeling pretty uncreative...

i have a ton of shirts i want to do... all saved up on my comp... i'll get to em someday after the summer is over...

3:12 PM  
Blogger Andrew Rockway said...

I think that design is awesome.

3:38 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

thanks meng...

4:21 PM  
Blogger proven hollow said...

come on guys, let's get back into it! haha.

i'm still looking for the new deadsure album. i cant seem to find if it has been released yet.

use your internets and help a brother out.

4:10 PM  
Blogger papstar said...

shit man...I have requested that record on every torrent site I'm on...still haven't gotten one reply.,
I'm trying though!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well bummer. let's keep it on the left coast and get the blues "death and taxes" album. and if you can get the new one, "snakepit". something tells me they have been posted either here or some other blog, but i missed out.

1:41 PM  
Blogger papstar said...

Blues - Death and Taxes Ep (2007)

http://www.mediafire.com/?90nnmwm1swv

I'll work on the other one

3:40 PM  
Blogger METRO/SEA said...

Could someone post the following Avail albums :

"Satiate"

"4am Friday"

"over the james"

i have an itch to hear those records again. any help would be greatly appreciated!

5:59 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

i got ya. but my over the james is missing some songs... i think 4 am friday is missing 1 or 2 also. i have them on vinyl and have never ripped them...

give me an hour or so..

7:59 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

dude my upload times are so slow right now. give me til tomorrow...

at work theyre much faster..

8:48 PM  
Blogger papstar said...

If you can't up them blend, I can do it at work today, lemme know

12:24 PM  
Blogger pencrush said...

satiate

http://www.mediafire.com/?emqo3ng30jx

12:38 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

thanks paps.. you saved me time on one...

but actually if you have a full zip of 4am i would love it... i dont feel like ripping it from vinyl and my zip is missing three songs...

4am friday
http://www.mediafire.com/?bjesl3zbzv9

over the james
http://www.mediafire.com/?2fab2jpa5im

1:38 PM  
Blogger papstar said...

ok blend...here is 4am friday..full
its not the reissue...all that had was the live album anyways, I think.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1bmyx2v24zz

3:48 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

thanks paps ole pal!

hows your down time doin?

4:49 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

papstar, do you think you could find Unionsuit?

Unionsuti - Demo (Cassette)

Aaron Turners first band. from Hydra Head Records..

i havent heard it in years, but i remember it being p retty awesome... someone has to have it...

6:41 PM  
Blogger METRO/SEA said...

just set up my new computer and was super happy to find all those avail records posted. thanks guys! can't wait to listen to them. trip down memory lane here i come!

6:54 PM  
Blogger METRO/SEA said...

i cant seem to get the over the james link to work - if someone could post it again i would be forever grateful

7:02 PM  
Blogger jebus said...

wow, thank you for over the james. you don't understand how long i have looked for that!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also thank you for over the james...that cd is at my parents house and ive been dying to hear it ever since summer started. perfect record for the windows down summer drives!

10:31 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

agreed, i think it is time to rock Avail...

someone up Dixie. i left my copy at home... i want to make a proper post of all this stuff..

10:46 AM  
Blogger papstar said...

http://www.mediafire.com/?8adjw0sjejz

dixie

12:24 PM  
Blogger choeh317 said...

my friends band has done a lot of shows with gifts from enola. i bought one of these tshirts a couple weeks ago! i wear it all the time, it's pretty awesome. way. to. go. lad i stumbled across your blog.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Greg said...

I loved the t-shirt and like it.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home