Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bullets*In - Conceive (2005)



Whoa! This is pretty crazy! Two posts in two days?!?

Okay, heres the deal: Yesterday sucked and today kind of rules. Not that I'm bi-polar or anything. You know, sometimes a day just sucks and you really need to just start over again. The weather helped today. Backlash also helped. A steady diet of Backlash mixed with some brooding and I was all good! See, Hardcore can save lives.. or at least moods... and if moods can ruin lives well... if A is to B as B is to C, than A = C.. or something marginally awesome like that, right? So it goes that music, namely hardcore in this case, can save lives.

So now that we've got that squared away, lets move along to the next order of business. Which issss... Well, let me tell you first that I found a new place to live, and its pretty awesome and its huge and its fairly cheap (by NYC standards, which is still ridiculous compared to many other places). I am stoked beyond belief. Which leads me to my next order of business...

Bullets*In... I don't know about you, but when I'm in a good mood, I can go a million ways with what to listen to, but there's something about that Mike Kirsch sound that really adds to a good day. Is it the guitar melodies? or is it the lyrics? Well, shit, I can barely understand half the lyrics, so it must be the melodies.. But here's the catch, Bullets*In may be better than most of Mike Kirsches bands. (For info on Mike Kirsch, peruse my blog, google him, note the myriad amount of bands he has been in and the quality of each one) I'd like to draw you to one specific Kirsch band in particular, namely because my friend Damian told me this and it fits, irrevocably so. What he told me was that Bullets*In started as a band that wanted to sound like Torches to Rome.

Now, sacrilege or not, as much as I like Torches to Rome, I think Bullets*In would win in a one on one cage match. Not that they are any burlier or have more tattoos or anything, or even more members...but they got rifffffs... Mad riffs, son! They have ears for melody! Crazy ears of tuneful melody! Ya know, maybe because I'm lazy, but really because I am a geek for the source material for so much of this stuff, but there are times this really reminds me of Current or Calvary (who I am upping next, because that record is damn near flawless!). Either way, you get blazing fast melodic hardcore with so much passion and energy that its enough to make the sun burn brighter.

If you ever liked Current, Calvary, Torches to Rome, Please Inform the Captain This is a Hijack, Bread and Circuits, The Shivering and even Baader Brains or Fuel than you will basically flip your wig for this album. Many people have said it was easily the best of that year and many say its still one of the best. I must agree and now its time for you to stop reading and start listening.

You can also find this record for fairly cheap, so if you are a vinyl collector, keep your eyes peeled. There is also a 7" which I would like if anyone has any leads.

10 Comments:

Blogger Damian Hade said...

haha. nice.

the 7" was a split label release with Waking and Adagio 830

there are 4 songs on it.

also, there is a 26 second song that never was released that was recorded during the 7" session.

9:47 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

yeah!! I even fixed my shitty spelling errors!

Thanks for selling me this record Damian! Looking forward to tomorrow.

Speaking of Adagio, Robert said he would send two more of the DWOA records for us. He thought they should have been here by now, so unfortunately I wont have it for you tomorrow, but we will still get them. He said he would send the pre-order versions too.

Now I need to find that 7"

10:08 PM  
Blogger Batguano said...

Hey blend, good to see you posting! You're right about this one... exceptional band. I discovered them right around the time I found The Shivering, so they meshed well.

And...I hope you'll post the Calvary stuff. I did a post on the LP and 7" recently, but I don't think those guys get even close to the love they deserve!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rules! thanks for the post,,Jeremy from Dominikan Republik..Happy Revolution 65 day!..In my country we celebrate the revolution that ocurred on April 24 1965..Peace

9:09 AM  
Blogger Damian Hade said...

I'm glad I had an extra copy to give you. I'll see you tonight!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Did you stay within Brooklyn? You were in Prospect Heights before, right?

1:43 AM  
Blogger zzeitg said...

hi, guys, could anybody upload anything or even better everything by Metroschifter? Just found this band and it's truly good! thx!

3:10 PM  
Blogger J. Andersen said...

Mr. 77,

Hey thanks for that Bullets*In write up. Its an awful bold move to pit the band against Torches to Rome.

I played drums for Bullets*In during their latter half of existence. I played on half of the 7" in question. I can send you a copy if I have a spare at home. At the very least I can send you the files of the record as well as that 26 second song.

Hit me up if you'd like:
unitstructure@gmail.com

Thanks,

- jerry

6:38 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

Hey! @ Nick, yeah! I stayed on the same train stop (Franklin) but am south of E. Pkwy now. So maybe its Crown Heights? I still need to get back to you. Sorry Ive been so busy. Also nothing going on yet in that category. Maybe this week.

@ Jerry. Thanks for the note. I would love the files, but I would also love the vinyl. Im sending you an email. ^_^

2:36 PM  
Blogger soundweave said...

hey blend! I'm heading to New York for the Mono 10th anniversary show and staying the weekend. 1st time there. Any suggestions/tips/advice/cool places/things to do/etc? we'll be avoiding tourist traps for the most part and want to explore the city. I don't want to take much of your time. if you have a chance email: soundweaveblog@gmail.com
Cheers!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home