Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Day in Black and White



A Day in Black and White/Navies Split 10"

Both of these bands were from Washington D.C. Level Plane put this split out in 2005 to support the U.S. tour that these bands were headlining. I was fortunate enough at the time to be able to go and ADIBAW definitely made it worth while. ADIBAW surprised many people with their side of this split because their sound changed from typical screamy type vocals to a more mature melodic sound. A great step in the right direction for this band, if only they didn't break up shortly after. Navies played a very feedback heavy, bass driven type of post-punk. To be honest I don't remember listening to their songs much back then, but after revisiting this, I have a better appreciation for their style.



3 Comments:

Blogger METRO/SEA said...

hey blend - thanks for the invite! i'm working on making my first post on here really good.

papstar - thanks for the graf orlock records. i can't wait to check those out.

1:28 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

good shit! thanks

no problem nick. i cant wait to see what you post..

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ADIBAW and Navies were sharing a bassist that tour, if I remember right. Both groups were great and really cool guys. My favorite memory was of I think the drummer from the Navies sharing a cigarette with us and convincing my vegan friend they were dipped in lard.

I wish ADIBAW would tour more, but I've heard one of the dudes is a professor at a university.

Definitely could use some My Heroes Have Always Killed Cowboys.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home