Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Frodus



Frodus


Well, I haven't been posting anything lately, and for that I apologize. Real life reared its ugly head and has kept me busy. Noone tells you when you have kids that they want all this attention! But I digress. Ahh Frodus. I can't say too much about them, except that I have been listening to these albums for a couple of months straight now. And they don't seem to be getting old. I first discovered this band while in high school, and then I sorta just lost touch with them. I have recently corrected this problem by buying as many of their cd's as I could find. The link here is to my frodus folder on my mediafire. Just click the picture. It contains about 5 albums and one split. This isn't everything that they put out, but it is definitely a good start for someone unfamiliar with them. I know that I am shit at describing a bands sound, so go on over to their website and take a look. www.frodus.com It has some rare mp3s to download plus a shitload of literature to read.

15 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Chord said...

I can't remember what comp or mix I got that I had a song of theirs but it kicks ass. What's a good album to start off with?

12:07 PM  
Blogger papstar said...

Their most popular album is 'We washed our weapons...', so I would say start with that one, but they are all good to me.

12:23 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

yeah, this band was pretty good. they kind of slipped through the cracks, but managed to stay together for a long time...

is anyone a fan of Decahedron? it was two of the Frodus guys with Joe Lally. it was aiite... not as good as Frodus was

12:31 PM  
Blogger papstar said...

i am diggin decahedron also...very good stuff

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never tried to listen to Frodus because I tought they were a christian band, but this is good. the 90's had some great bands after all (I tought fugazi was the only band to keep from this period). tomorrow I'll see unsane in paris, another band from this wasted age that kept the spirit alive
-kidonritalin

5:27 PM  
Blogger chnkltgy said...

I was lucky to see Frodus and Refused on the same bill in Atlanta once. Good times.

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just have one question. can you repost the le shok/ink &dagger 7 inch but in .zip form instead of .rar. thanks!!

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh yeah frodus, great band, I now will grab the "we washed..." vinyl and listen to it, thanx for the inspiration! :-)


and decahedron are great too, more noise, but I like it. and do you know The Black Sea? Thats the pre-decahedron group, just another name and released just one 3-track EP on Lovitt Records from Czech.

You know what, I will upload this fantastic piece of musi now, have a look at my blog, you are going to find it there in a moment:

www.urbanology.wordpress.com


by the way, interested in link exchange? would be great!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Black Sea - same EP (Lovitt Records 2002)

with ex-Frodus and Fugazi members, pre-Decahedron/first Decahedron record

get it here:
http://urbanology.wordpress.com/2007/10/01/the-black-sea-black-sea/

1:23 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

hey, urbanology. thanks for the Black Sea and i'll get a link up for you this weekend when i can breathe..

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loooove frodus! but don't have anything other than we washed our weapons... thank yooouuu!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hej, donĀ“t forget to link me ;-)

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also uploaded the Decahedron (ex-Frodus & ex-Fugazi) debut record now:

http://urbanology.wordpress.com/2007/11/03/decahedron-disconnection-imminent/

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, most underrated band of the past 15 years EASILY.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there any way you can post more decahedron links? origins and deconstruction? 2005? I'm liking them!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home