Sunday, September 16, 2007

Any Last Words - Any Last Words (2003)


















Any Last Words - Any Last Words

Fast, powerviolence influenced hardcore is not really my forte. I mean I love Ceremony and others like it but it's not something I'm in the mood to listen to all the time, but when I'm pissed about almost anything there is nothing that doesn't help turn my fury into happiness like Any Last Words. They were from Minneapolis, Minnesota and were put out on Havoc Records (I wonder what they sound like, oh wait no you don't, they were put out on Havoc they are fast and pissed). What initially turned me on to this album is the intense fucking artwork. If I could be half that good I could die a happy hobo just by doing artwork as good as that over and over again and collecting spare change just to afford pens and paper. A hardcore kid angry to the point of tears and squeezing his ears till they bleed...tell me what gets better than that (I don't expect you to actually, because there is nothing: fact). Back when my edge was still straight I used to put on "This Aint Posi Core" and feel like if I ever sold out these guys would come down from the wintery north and slaughter my entire house. All the songs follow the same sort of music type but they do cover a fairly wide array of topics. Of course theres the necessary baseball reference and themes of never giving up no matter how shitty the circumstances in "Ten Run Rule", the necessary song about wanting to skateboard, and "Hardcore Prom Queen" and "I'd Rather Be Fighting than Crying" take on scene kids and emo kids in one double teaming track duo. Honestly if you like Outbreak, Crossed Out, Ceremony and other quasi-powerviolence youth crew influenced bands this is totally your schtick.

9 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Jeff seriously keep this shit up. I can't kiss your ass enough with the work you're doing.

3:08 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

great review dude... funny and to the point..

i'll be sure to check this out... i likd the song on your comp...

6:17 PM  
Blogger Andsometimeschris said...

Yeah, kickass art and music. Nice upload... Do they have any more albums you could up?

9:36 PM  
Blogger Jeff Chord said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Jeff Chord said...

Chris I think its the only thing they have except some tracks on a Havoc Records comp. I think they're the same songs as are on this record but different recordings of it.

And thank you Tim. :) I try and inject my shitty humor in my reviews.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

they have a demo as well. great dudes in this band!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Jeff Chord said...

If you could up that I'd be eternally grateful.

2:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

ANY LAST WORDS - 8 Song Apocalypse (Demo)

http://rapidshare.com/files/57489784/8_Song_Apocalypse.zip

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home