Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Television - Marquee Moon (1977)



I dont think I can do this band any justice in words. Actually, thats just a huge copout. The fact is, I dont know much other than they were from NYC. They released this album the year I was born. They created a form of punk rock that still exists today. Marquee Moon is one of the most classic original punk albums of all times. When I find a link for Richard Hells band the Voidoids I will post that and you will then have two of the most important records ever released. Remember, God is watching, and judging. If you get to the pearly gates and you dont know who Tom Verlaine and Richard Hell are you can pretty much kiss the fluffy white clouds goodbye. And hell isnt that cool. They dont play death metal or industrial music down there....it Celine Dion all day. So make the right choices now kiddies, while you still got the internets. ^_^

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're talking about Blank Generation I presume. Classic. Although the Richard Hell's "Time" album is a great collection of his songs too.

5:53 AM  
Blogger blend77 said...

yes i was....i actually should check out that Time album...

thanks

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home