Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Rodan - How The Winter Was Passed 7" (1994)



I can't for the life of me remember where I found this, but I suppose thats not important. Whats important is having it. I only wish I had the real copy in my hands, but I'm not much of a collector and this 7" is definitely out of print. Somehow it just slipped by my awareness at the time...

After being a fan of Rodan since their hey dey, it is a fine thing to hear two more song that I've never heard before. The songs are Milk & Honey and Exoskeleton. Milk & Honey is very similar to Shiner from Rusty. A raging, jagged Louisville hardcore song. Exoskeleton is longer and resembles the rest of the songs on Rusty, with spoken word/ shouted delivery, angular post-rock forays and of course churning, volatile rhythms.

Both songs are highly recommended for any fans of the genre. And when I gt a chance I will up their track from the Simple Machines comp. It is a song called Darjeeling, and while not as good as these two songs is worth having for any completist...

5 Comments:

Blogger The Ghost of Jerry Reed said...

Ah yes, this 7 inch! Good stuff, wish I knew where my copy has disappeared to. They played "Excommunication" at Simple Machines Fest back in 94 (or was it 93?). Damn, what a show! What a band!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap. i have this original 7". i got it in lousiville,ky. could you re-up this & in exchange i will send you the aviary demos. which are the demos for rusty!!!

more than a fair trade!!!

10:26 PM  
Blogger rein delay said...

wow, thanks for this post!

love the rusty album. a friend gave me a tape with this on one side and slints 'spiderland' on the other, and i could not believe my ears.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Blend....wondering if I can ask if you know any way to get copies of Aviry or the How the Winter Was Passed EP? I've been a Rodan fan since they came out and have recently become a bit obsessed about finding anything other than the Rusty LP, which I bought back n the day. Appreciate any help.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home