Tuesday, August 28, 2007

zen and the art of mix tapes #001


zen and the art of mix tapes #001 love:maize

i hope this is ok, blend....

i love mix tapes, i make them for myself all the time, even though they are mix cd's now. i wanted to share one that i made for myself back in april for a car trip and i thought it came out really well. think spring and driving across virginia.
nothing really new or too underground just some good tunes. hope you dig it. maybe some of the other contributors will follow suit. (hint hint)

smashing pumpkins - bullet with butterfly wings
the libertines - cant stand me know
hedwig and the angry inch - tear me down
pretty girls make graves - speakers push the air
hole - credit in the straight world
joe strummer and the mescaleros - coma girl
monochrome - who me
sense field - chimney
sonic youth - kool thing
supergrass - causght by the fuzz
t.rex - 20th century boy
plastic bertrand - ca plane pour moi
the white stripes - seven nation army
smashing pumpkins - 1979
the smiths - this charming man
r.e.m. - pop song 89
public image ltd. - god
the saints - (im) stranded
riff-raff - i wanna be a cosmonaut
q and not u - fever sleeves
pixies - is she weird
social distortion - its all over now
the flying burrito brothers - wheels

12 Comments:

Blogger gabbagabbahey said...

I like this... hopefully I'll find an occasion to listen to it straight through. Top three of this for me would be joe strummer - coma girl, r.e.m - pop song '89, q and not u - fever sleeves. Great songs, and great albums too.

Great idea... eclecticism (if that's a word!) is a nice part of Zen Face. I too, would like to see the mixtapes of some other contributors...

2:17 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

of course its all right,..... its a great idea actually...

each of the zen crew should make a mix that they dig... no limits... or even just put up a mix they recently made...

i made one at the beginning of the summer for my trip to the Catskills, which I think is worthy, and I also made a five disc Mix set for my friend who was desperately in need of tunes...

I made a Post-Rock, Punk/Hardcore, Post-Punk, Doom/Stoner and an Indie Rock mix....

Maybe I should post those...

2:18 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

ps. love the artwork you made!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, its a cool generator i found...

ill probably use it for future ones, they have different fonts and tape designs.

http://www.says-it.com/cassette/

2:27 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

nice, lets use that as a template for the mix series...

2:28 PM  
Blogger sweet baby jaysus said...

this is awesome, i was actually thinking about making a mix tape for my blog today, but you guys beat me to the punch yet again...

2:55 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

jay, do it for zen... make a mix and we'll post it under your name with a link to Burning and we'll number it #002...

3:01 PM  
Blogger METRO/SEA said...

great idea! im going to start compiling mine right now!

4:30 PM  
Blogger David said...

Should have been Death On The Stairs instead of Cant Stand Me Now in my opinion but I'll let you away with it since it's a really good mix =D

5:37 PM  
Blogger sweet baby jaysus said...

after much delay, i finally got mine up. check it.

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I put this PGMG song on a mixtape just a few weeks ago, too...

4:29 PM  
Blogger Angryblue said...

i'm downloading a few of these now. thank you. this is a rad way for me to hear some new stuff.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home