Tuesday, August 28, 2007

zen and the art of mix tapes #002



Zen and the Art of Mix Tapes #002 Post?Post!

Like Maize said, mix tapes are great, and at this point, a lost art.
This set is a mix I made for my friend upstate who says he hasnt heard anything good for quite some time. Being a big Fugazi fan, I thought I'd hit him off with some Dischord stuff plus a little extra for breadth. This was the result, and I tried my best to make it have a flow. I hope you enjoy this, and I hope more people make some mix tapes for sharing. If you are not a contributor to the blog, but feel you have a good mix that would fit well with the site, please leave a comment, and give a title and the track listing and we'll work out a nice mix trading scheme.


1. Q And Not U - Line In The Sand
2. Black Eyes - Deformative
3. Les Savy Fav - The Sweat Descends
4. Bear vs. Shark - The Great Dinosaurs With Fifties Section
5. Faraquet - Carefully Planned
6. The Plastic Constellations - Evil Groove
7. The Constantines - Arizona
8. The Joggers - Wicked Light Sleeper
9. We Versus the Shark - You Don't Have to Kick It
10. Rival Schools - Travel By Telephone
11. Q And Not U - Nine Things Everybody Knows
12. Black Eyes - Someone Has His Fingers Broken
13. Les Savy Fav - We'll Make A Lover Of You
14. Minus The Bear - Let's Play Clowns
15. Faraquet - Study In Complacency
16. Maps and Atlases - Every Place Is a House
17. The Joggers - Yawning Brahmins

2 Comments:

Blogger gerhardj said...

Dudes I've been reading your blog for a while, I will make a mix tape if you are interested. I used to make mix tapes all the time and I miss it a lot. Actually I wrote a whole long essay about it years ago here on an old free website of mine, if you scroll down you can see a list of an old series of mix tapes.

You can send me an email at gerhardj at yahoo dot com. I can actually make a real tape and send it if you want, it would be kind of a challenge.

- jeff

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola, descargué este recopilatorio en el 2007 y hasta ahora me decido a comentar, por estupidez mía, tal vez.

Gracias por acercarme al Post-rock.

Abrazos desde Colombia.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home