Sunday, September 09, 2007

zen and the art of mix tapes #008



Zen and the Art of Mix Tapes #008 Tickle Yr Ears

this tape courtesy of gabbagabbahey over at Hardcore for Nerds.Hardcore for Nerds.

"This is just a fairly representative selection of what I listen to really, mostly stuff I've been listening to for longer than I've been visiting this blog... just to show a bit of a back-story to how I got listening to these kinds of music. Hopefully there's a kind of a flow to the tape, (although a lot of it seems to me as a succession of songs arguing with each other) and a good mixture of familiar and unfamiliar. Enjoy!"

SIDE A
1. Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
2. Undertones - Teenage Kicks
3. My Bloody Valentine - You Made me Realise
4. The Radiators - Johnny Jukebox
5. Operation Ivy - Soundsystem
6. Rancid - Life Won't Wait
7. Fugazi - Turnover
8. Moss Icon - The Life
9. Swing Kids - 43 seconds
SIDE B
10. Sweep the Leg Johnny - The Blizzard of '99
11. Patti Smith - Ghost Dance
12. Radio Flyer - (312)
13. Hot Water Music - No Division
14. Leatherface - Gangparty
15. Lungfish - Non Dual Bliss
16. Green Day - Walking Contradiction

6 Comments:

Blogger gabbagabbahey said...

thanks blend!
That's a really classy looking tape as well, actually. I was wondering if you would have to start recycling the templates...

I'll grab the pic and post this on my own blog too, hopefully tonight

1:03 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

yeah, there were only 5 templates... i think this is the last of the five...

i have another mix i want to post, then i have a new contributor that is putting a mix up.

how was your vacation?

2:40 PM  
Blogger gabbagabbahey said...

Really good, thanks. A week's hiking in the Welsh mountains of Snowdonia, with generally very good weather. How was your camping trip to WA anyway?

I know I don't take gig photos but I think I'll post up some of my mountain landscape pictures - I brought Kerouac's Desolation Angels to read on the train, etc., and I have a review ready to post on SDoB. I think I'll put up a pt. II with photos of desolate mountaintops!

Ps. I ordered Windblown World, it was waiting for me when I came back. I've just read a little bit, but it seems fascinating. Thanks for the recommendation!

3:41 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

no problem. your trip sounds great. WA was awesome! I didnt get to Desolation Peak, we were a little further south. I should post some of the pics i took.

I met Sweet Baby Jaysus. That was pretty cool. I still owe him a post, which im so lazy about getting done...

sorry jay! ^_^

5:55 PM  
Blogger deaddreamnation said...

you lucky bastards...getting vacation! i need one...BAD. awesome mix gabba!

6:04 PM  
Blogger sweet baby jaysus said...

take your time brother, there is no rush. hope you at least had a chance to listen to it.
welcome back gabba!

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home