Tuesday, August 28, 2007

zen and the art of mix tapes #003



Zen and the Art of Mix Tapes #003 Cat Skills

One more, then I'll let someone else add theirs..

This is one of the first mixes I made in quite sometime. My girlfriend and I were going to the Catskill Mountains for a weekend earlier this summer to go camping and hiking, so naturally we needed good music to listen to while driving. (Something I dont do so often these days) I figured why not make a mix, and I asked her input which consisted of the first song by Mew (which she requested be the first song), the David Bowie song, the Pixies song, one of the Snowden songs and The Shins song. So I fashioned the mix around those touchstones, and here is the result. For us a was a fun an eclectic mix, and the HiM song Slow Slow Slow became the vibe with Under Pressure becoming the anthem of the trip.

1. Mew - Comforting Sounds
2. The Walkmen - Little House Of Savages
3. HiM - Slow Slow Slow
4. Snowden - Black Eyes
5. David Bowie w/ Freddie Mercury - Under Pressure
6. The Shins - Sleeping Lessons
7. The Cansecos - This Girl And This Boy
8. Interpol - Who Do You Think?
9. HiM - The Way the Trees Are
10. Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
11. The Walkmen - The Rat
12. Snowden - Between The Rent And Me
13. Tristeza - When Morning Steals the Sky
14. Pinback - How We Breathe

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uploading #5 now

(posting that so we can keep our numbers straight. it was gonna be 4 and i saw sweet baby had one up on his blog)

http://burningdowndreams.blogspot.com/2007/08/mixtape-madness.html

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cant wait to listen to 2, 3, and 4 !!!!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home