Monday, August 13, 2007

More BLAAAAAAAAAAGHS!!!!

As always, the internet community is ever growing, and I would like to announce the advent of two new blogs from a longtime Zen user.

GabbaGabbaHey (gotta love the unveiled Ramones reference) has started a music dedicated site called HARDCORE FOR NERDS which has kicked off with a nice post of a band called Han-Shan.

He also is taking us all down a less traveled path and has started a literature dedicated site called STEADY DIET OF BOOKS (gotta love the unveiled Fugazi reference).

He has already got off to a good start by posting one of my most favorite books, Jack Kerouac's Dharma Bums, which if you have never read you should just jump off a cliff...

No, just kidding! You should really just read the book, and save yourself a whole lot of trouble.

So, summer has been busy. I intended to close down for the summer, but, as you may have noticed, I added a few great posters instead, and while things have slowed down a bit Zen will be sticking it out for the long run. Expect all sorts of juicy stuff and empty promises* this fall and winter.

There are plenty of other blogs done by great people that have been springing up lately, many done by frequent visitors to this site, and while I havent always made a post to highlight your blog, be sure that I have mad respect. If you see it in the links on the side, stage right, then you know you are loved...

So big hands for all the peeps who visit, all the peeps who contribute, and all the lurkers who probably make up the majority off all blog visits....



* Empty Promises - I had mentioned a ways back about doing some tees for Swiz and Rites of Spring and doing some sort of raffle, and while I still want to do this, I have yet to figure out how to achieve the raffle part of the deal. I also have the first ever Zen and the Art of Face Punching tee shirt in the works right now. I talked to the tee shirt factory today and will hopefully have something out this fall....more empty promises, LOL!....

As you may remember, I had a run of tees that I had done with a friend last fall, and while we were very psyched, and some people even expressed interest in purchasing, shit hit the fan with the two of us losing out jobs and running out of money. Instead, he focused on getting a second art show together and I focused on getting a new job. As of now we have no plans to continue this operation, though we do have a load of shirts just sitting in his basement here in Brooklyn.

We'll see. I am going to see Cease Upon the Capitol tomorrow. and will have more pics of that coming up...

Cheers!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

completely jealous that you're seeing cease upon the capitol!

11:14 PM  
Blogger blend77 said...

i will take pictures. ^_^

and with any luck, another spastic video capture... lol.

where are you from? youre new here?

12:43 AM  
Blogger papstar said...

I have just finished up a whole bunch of bs, which should hopefully free up some time to post. I will have something new up today


zen shirts would rule

7:34 AM  
Blogger gabbagabbahey said...

woo! thanks for the publicity, man!

just to let you know, the offer to contribute still stands. You could do Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance if you want. I had it on my list to write up but I have a feeling I might get bogged down before then... I'm realising how much damn work this blogging lark creates!

Also, if Ray Smith says you can't fall off of a mountain, can you really throw yourself off a cliff? There's a koan for you...

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home